THE LISZTSOCIETY INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION 2019
Open topianists of all ages and nationalities
- The closing datefor entries is Saturday 26th October 2019.
- A non-refundableapplication fee of £20 should be submitted via PayPal email@example.com, with the payment reference ‘Piano Competition 2019’.
- All candidates mustsubmit YouTube links to live performances of a free choice of works by Liszt(including original compositions, transcriptions, fantasies or paraphrases)with a maximum overall duration of 35 minutes. Any sound-only recording must bean attested genuine recording made by the entrant. Each work/movement must bepresented in a single unedited take.
- No more than fiveapplicants will be chosen to compete in the final in London at St. Mary’s,Perivale, UB6 8SS, on the afternoon of Saturday 30th November 2019.
- All entrants chosen to compete in the final must beable to be present at the competition venue from midday on the aforementioneddate.
- Chosen finalistswill prepare a 25-minute programme of Liszt’s music which may include any ofthe works on their submitted recordings. Imaginative and enterprisingrepertoire choice and programming will be taken into account, both in theselection of finalists and the making of any awards. A list of each finalist’sproposed works, in performance order and including S numbers and timings, mustbe submitted prior to the day of the final.
- All finalists understand that that competition willbe audio/video recorded, and subsequently performances from the final may beposted on the Liszt Society website and similar online platforms. Byagreeing to participate in the final, you consent to your performances beingrecorded and uploaded.
- The jury’s decision shall be final and irrevocable.
Jury: Mark Viner, Melvyn Cooper,Corbin Beisner and Leslie Howard
Prizes: Cash prizes are notoffered. All finalists will receive free membership of the Liszt Society for ayear (including the Journals/Music Sections for 2019 and 2020). One prizewinnerwill be invited to perform a recital at the 2020 Liszt Society Annual Day inLondon under the joint sponsorship of the Liszt Society and the KeyboardCharitable Trust. One prizewinner will be recommended for a recital inthe North of England under the aegis of Earnest Scott.
Application: Prospective entrants shouldapply by email including a copy of the photo page of a valid passport, or stating:
• Full name
• Date of birth
YouTube links to theirperformances must be listed with the application. Full written details of theworks performed, including S numbers, should be provided.
Applications (including alist of intended performance works, should the candidate be admitted to thefinal) must be sent to the following address: